Requirements for Application
In order to be eligible for acceptance into East Carolina University's Master ofScience in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) program, the following requirements must be met.
- A baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional association or evidence that a baccalaureate degree will be conferred before the start of the program in the fall.
- Eighteen of the 25 required prerequisite credits must be completed by end of Fall Semester during the admissions timeframe.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from undergraduate work.
- Satisfactory scores on the verbal and quantitative test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Scores should equal or exceed 300 (combined verbal and quantitative scores) with a higher score being more competitive).Analytical writing scores may be considered with a 4.0 suggested.
- Acceptable TOEFL or TSL scores for non-English speaking foreign students.
Admitted students last year had an average undergraduate GPA of 3.69 and average Prerequisite GPA of 3.77. Average GRE scores were 307 (verbal and quantitative) and 4.0 writing.
- Prerequisites may be taken at any university or college. 18 of the 25 required prerequisite credits MUST be completed by the end of the Fall Semester during the admissions window. Therefore, updated transcripts will need to be submitted by the January deadline to reflect completion of these prerequisite courses. In addition, ALL prerequisites must be completed before you begin the program.
- OCCT 3000 Exploring Occupational Therapy is not a required prerequisite, but it is strongly recommended. Successful applicants have indicated the course enhanced their application. It is offered online and/or in a face-to-face format.
- Applicants may apply before completing all of the required prerequisites.
- Students must receive B- or better to be considered passing these prerequisite credits.Competitive students submit applications with prerequisite grades much higher than the minimum.
*These courses must be completed within 5 years prior to beginning the MSOT program