We hope you see us as your medical home and the first line of care for your children. The pediatricians at ECU are board certified and specialize in treating children from birth to age 18.
With the outstanding credentials of the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, you can be assured of the most advanced care possible, provided by compassionate, expert physicians. Your loved ones are our focus.
For healthy children, we provide check-ups and full care for illness, injury and other medical needs.
For children with chronic conditions or other concerns, we have comprehensive expert medical management including evaluations for developmental progress, as well as diagnosis and recommendations for conditions such as ADHD (attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder) and autism.
If your child needs further assessment, we can refer to the many specialists at ECU. Those specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Behavior and Developmental, Cardiology, Child Advocacy, C5, Critical Care, Endocrinology/Diabetology, Gastroenterology, Genetics, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Disease and Immunology, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology, Obesity and associated co-morbidities, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, and Sleep Medicine. We also offer a Diagnostic Dilemma Clinic for children with difficult-to-diagnose problems.
- Check-ups, immunizations, well-baby care
- Diagnosis and treatment of gastro-intestinal disorders (vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation)
- Skin problems (common rashes of childhood)
- Asthma, hay fever
- Colds and flu
- Infections of any kind
- Management of chronic, multiple health conditions such as cerebral palsy, brain injuries and inherited disorders such as Down Syndrome.
- Adolescent health care (Adolescent Clinic)
- Behavior and development evaluations
- Evaluation and diagnosis of complex conditions (Diagnostic Dilemma Clinic)
Working with pediatricians in the community, we also have an after-hours Acute Care Clinic open to all children in the community.
ECU Pediatric Services Acute Care Clinic
Monday – Friday 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. 365 days a year
Call (252) 744-2335