Research Grants and Contracts
Recent funded grants and contracts associated with the PHWRTC or that provide faculty support on obesity-related projects include:
- Lazorick S. Evaluation of the NC Healthy Active Children Policy. ECU Engagement and Outreach Scholar Academy, East Carolina University. January 2013-June 2013. $11,000.
- Collier DN. Childhood Obesity Program Development. Research Triangle Institute International. January 2012-December 2012. $58,000.
- Lazorick S, Hardison GT, Crawford YS. MATCH Expansion. Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust. January 2012-December 2014. $408,693.
- Crawford Y, Collier DN. Take Off 4-Health 2011: Residential Summer Camp and Family-Centered Program for Overweight Youth. Pitt Memorial Hospital Foundation. July 2011-June 2012. $35,000.
- Collier DN. Childhood Obesity Program. Research Triangle Institute International. 2011. $24,000.
- Lazorick S, Cummings D, Collier DN. Dissemination of CVD Prevention Guidelines for Overweight Children. NIH contract to Research Triangle Institute, subcontract to ECU. May 2011 – April 2014. $330,040.
- Mahar, M. After-School Physical Activity Programs. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Pitt County Health Department, Communities Putting Prevention to Work (CPPW). 2011-2012. $70,000.
- Collier DN. IN4KIDS: Integration of nutrition into clinical practice. North Carolina Health and Wellness Trust Fund. July 2010-December 2010. $51,083.
- Collier DN, Crawford Y. ECU's Take Off -Health Summer Camp for Overweight Youth, 2010. Pitt Memorial Hospital Foundation. July 2010-June 2011. $35,000.
- Collier DN, Jenkins, C. KIDPOWER. Pitt Memorial Hospital Foundation. July 2010- June 2011. $62,087.
- Kolasa KM, Whetstone L. Healthy Lifestyle Initiative: Eat Smart Move More Weigh Less. The North Carolina Agriculture Association. 2010. $19,962.
- Lazorick S. Continuation of MATCH. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation. September 2010-June 2013. $452,425.
- Lazorick S. Motivating Adolescents with Technology to Choose Health (MATCH) Anniversary Funding. Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation. November 2010-June 2012. $100,000.
- Lazorick S. Career Development Award to Study the Effectiveness and Feasibility of a Middle School Based Intervention for Childhood Obesity --MATCH. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Physician Faculty Scholars Program. 2009-June 2012. $300,000.