MOST RECENT (In alphabetical order by year)
- Consitt LA, Van Meter J, Newton CA, Collier DN, Dar MS, Wojtaszewski JF, Treebak JT, Tanner CJ, Houmard JA. Impairments in site specific AS160 phosphorylation and effects of exercise training. Diabetes. 2013 Oct; 62(10): 3437-47. Epub 2013 June 25.
- Henes ST, Cummings DM, Hickner RC, Houmard JA, Kolasa KM, Lazorick S, Collier DN. Comparison of predictive equations and measured resting energy expenditure among obese youth attending a pediatric healthy weight clinic: One size does not fit all. Nutr Clin Pract. 2013 Oct; 28(5): 617-24.
- Lazorick S, Crawford Y, Hardison GT. School-based obesity treatment: The MATCH program. NC Med J. 2013; 74(1): 35-36.
- Pratt KJ, Lazorick S, Lamson AL, Ivanescu A, Collier DN. Quality of Life and BMI changes in youth participating in an integrated pediatric obesity treatment program. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2013 Jul 10; 11(1):116.
- Selewksi DT, Collier DN, MacHardy J, Gross HE, Pickens EM, Cooper AW, Bullock S, Earls MF, Pratt KJ, Scanlon K, McNeill JD, Messer KL, Lu Y, Thissen D, DeWalt DA, Gipson DS. Promising insights into the health related quality of life for children with severe obesity. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2013 Mar 1; 11:29. Doi 10.1186/1477-7525-11-29.
- Carr LJ, Mahar M. Accuracy of intensity and inclinometer output of three activity monitors for identification of sedentary behavior and light intensity activity. Journal of Obesity. 2012; 9.
- DuBose KD, Cummings DM, Imai S, Lazorick S, Collier DN. Development and validation of a tool for assessing glucose impairment in adolescents. Prev Chronic Dis. 2012; 9:110213. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd9.110213.
- Eaves AD, Colon A, DuBose KD, Collier D, Houmard JA. Substrate utilization in children with a severely obese parent. Nutrition and Metabolism 2012; 9:38. (http://www.nutririonandmetabolism.com/content/9/1/38).
- Haas, WC, Moore JB, Kaplan M, Lazorick S. Outcomes from a medical weight loss program: Primary care clinics versus weight loss clinics. American Journal of Medicine. 2012; 125(6): 603.e7-603.e11.
- Pathmasiri W, Pratt KJ, Collier DN, Lutes LD, Sumner SCJ.Integrating metabolomic signatures and psychosocial parameters in responsivity to an immersion treatment model for adolescent obesity. Metabolomics 2012; (DOI 10.1007/s11306-012-0404-x).
- Pratt KJ, Lamson AL, Swanson M, Lazorick S, Collier D. The importance of assessing for depression with HRQOL in treatment seeking obese youth and their caregivers. Qual Life Res. 2012 Oct; 21(8): 1367-77. Epub 2011 Oct 19.
- Radcliff TA, Bobroff LB, Lutes LD, Durning PE, Daniels MJ, Limacher MC, Janicke DM, Martin AD, Perri MG.Cost-effectiveness of telephone vs. face-to-face weight maintenance program in rural settings.Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2012; 112:1363-1373.
- Silberberg M, Carter-Edwards L, Murphy G, Mayhew M, Kolasa K, Perrin EM, Armstrong S, Graham C, Menon N. Treating pediatric obesity in the primary care setting to prevent chronic disease: perceptions and knowledge of providers and staff. NC Med J. 2012; 73(1): 9-14.
- Taft NA, Collier DN, Kolasa KM. Applying childhood obesity and cardiovascular health risk reduction guidelines: Family-centered nutrition interventions. Nutrition Today. 2012; 47(5): 229-242. DOI: 10.1097/NT.0b013e31826c50da.
- Whetstone L, Kolasa KM, Collier DN. Participation in community-originated interventions is associated with positive changes in weight status and health behaviors in youth. Am J Health Promot. 2012;2 7:10-16. (DOI: 10.4278/arpa.100415-QUAN-117).
PRIOR TO 2012
- Boiarskaia E, Boscolo MS, Zhu W, Mahar MT. Cross-validation of an equating method linking aerobic FITNESGRAM® field tests. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2011; 41, S124-S130.
- Collier DN, Crawford Y, Kolasa KM. Healthy Lifestyle Camp: Take Off 4-Health. Childhood Obesity. 2011; 7(2): 129-130.
- Craven K, Moore J, Swart AS, Keene A, Kolasa KM. School based nutrition education intervention, effect on achieving a healthy weight among overweight 9th grade students. J Public Health Management Practice. 2011; 17(2):141-146.
- Jilcott SB, Wade S, McGuirt JT, Wu Q, Lazorick S, Moore JB. The association between the food environment and weight status among eastern North Carolina youth. Public Health Nutrition. 2011; 14(9), 1610–1617.
- Lazorick S, Hardison GT, Esserman DE, Perrin EM.Sustained body mass index changes one and two years post MATCH: A school-based wellness intervention in adolescents. Childhood Obesity, 2011; 7(5)372-378.
- Lazorick S, Peaker B, Perrin EM, Schmid D, Pennington T, Yow A, DuBard A. Prevention and treatment of childhood obesity: Care received by a state Medicaid population. Clinical Pediatrics.2011; 50(9): 816-826.
- Mahar MT. Impact of short bouts of physical activity on attention-to-task in elementary school children. Preventive Medicine. 2011; 52: S60-S64.
- Mahar MT, Guerieri AM, Hanna MS, Kemble CD. Estimation of aerobic fitness from PACER 20-m shuttle run test performance. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2011; 41: S117-S123.
- O'Connor DP, Mahar MT, Laughlin MS, Jackson AS. The Bland-Altman Method should not be used in regression cross-validation studies. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. 2011; 82: 610-616.
- Pratt KJ, Lamson A, Lazorick S, Collier D, White C, White M, Swanson M. Conceptualizing care for childhood obesity through clinical, operational, and financial procedures. Journal of Children's Services. 2011; 6(3), 156-171.
- Pratt KJ, Lamson AL, Lazorick S, Swanson Ms, Cravens J, Collier DN. A biopsychosocial pilot study of overweight youth and care providers' perceptions of quality of life. J Pediatr Nurs. 2011 Dec; 26(6), e61-e68. Doi: 10.1016/j.pedn.2011.03.005. Epub 2011 Jun 11.
- Tudor-Locke C, Craig CL, Aoyagi Y, Bassett Jr, DR, Bell RC, Crouteau KA, Ewald B, Gardner A, Hatano Y, Boudeaudhuij ID, Lutes LD, Ramirez-Marrero FA, Rogers LQ, Rowe DA, Schmidt MD, Swartz AM, Tully MA, Blair SN. How many steps are enough? For older adults and special populations. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. 2011; July 28, 8:80. doi:10.1186/1479-5868-8-80.
- Samuels TY, Raedeke TD, Mahar MT, Kemble CD, Karvinen KH, DuBose KD. A randomized controlled trials of continuous activity, short bouts and a 10,000 step guideline in inactive adults. Preventive Medicine. 2011 52: 120-125.
- Whetstone L, Kolasa KM, Dunn C, Jayaratne KSU, Vodicka S, Schneider L, Thomas C, Vanstaveren M, Aggarwal S, Lackey CJ. Eat Smart Move More Weigh Less: Delivering an Affordable Weight Loss/Weight Maintenance Program at the Community Level. Preventing Chronic Disease. 2011; 8(4-July).
- Zhu W, Mahar MT, Morrow JR, Welk GJ, Going SB, Cureton K. Approaches for development of criterion-referenced standards in health-related youth fitness tests. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2011; 41: S68-S76.
- Craven K, Messenger J, Kolasa K. What dietitians should know about medical nutrition therapy and pharmacotherapy for type 2 diabetes. Nutrition Today. 2010; 45(6):240-24.
- Cummings DM, DuBose KD, Imai S, Collier DN. Fitness versus fatness and insulin resistance in U.S. adolescents. Journal of Obesity. 2010; Article ID: 195729, 7 pages.
- Damshroder L, Lutes LD, Goodrich D, Lowery J. A small change approach delivered via telephone promotes weight loss in veterans: Results from the ASPIRE-VA pilot study. Patient Education and Counseling. 2010, 79(20): 262-266.
- Dunn C, Kolasa K, Harris N, Crawford Y, Henes S, Kinner S, Sutton V, Colby S, Collier D. Take Off 4-Health: Nutrition curriculum for a healthy lifestyle camp for overweight youth. Top Clin Nutr. 2010: 25(2): 151-159.
- Harris NG, Briley A, Collier D, Dunn C, Crawford Y, Henes S, Kinner S, Kolasa KM, Lutes L, Scripture L. Take Off 4-Health: Innovative strategies to improve wellness in adolescents. J Am Dietet Assoc. 2010 (supplement 2):A-91.
- Henes S, Collier DN, Morrissey SL, Cummings DM, Kolasa KM. Medical nutrition therapy for overweight youth in their medical home: The KIDPOWER experience. Patient Educ and Couns. 2010 Oct; 81(1):43-6. Epub 2009 Dec 16.
- Kolasa KM, Collier DN, Cable, K. Weight loss strategies that really work. The Journal of Family Practice. 2010; 58(7): 378-385.
- Kolasa KM, Daugherty JE, Collier, DN. Putting childhood obesity guidelines into practice. Clinical Nutrition Insight. July 2010; 36(7): 1-5.
- Lutes LD, Steinbaugh E. Theoretical models for pedometer use in physical activity interventions. Physical Therapy Reviews. 2010, 15(3): 143-153.
- Mahar MT, McCammon MR, Kemble CD, Kenny RK, Raedeke TD. Fitness for life (2nd ed.). Eden Prarie, MN: Cache House.
- McMillan AG, Pulver AM, Collier DN, Williams DS.Sagittal and frontal plane joint mechanics throughout the stance phase of walking in adolescents who are obese.Gait Posture. 2010 Jun; 32 (2): 263-8.
For publications prior to 2010, click here for a listing.