Consultant of Psychiatry with superior training in general adult psychiatry which will give me the basis from which to practice in either the academic or the clinical sector over the span of my career.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary clinical management, including team leadership, and acquiring ability to coordinate care for people with a psychiatric illness working with other medical, nursing and paramedical staff and statutory and voluntary organisations concerned in the care of people with a mental illness.
- Carry out a clinical assessment, including reviewing of medical records for the purpose of evaluating patient clinical status for disabilities support, and giving an expert opinion in legal situations.
- Participating in case presentation, Journal club and all the CME conferences.
- Carrying out a consultation Liaison services and introducing inpatient care for major psychiatric illness, including pharmacotherapy, short-term supportive and cognitive therapy and ECT together with monitoring clinical progress.
- Evaluating and treating patients in emergency department, admissions units, and outpatient clinic for integrated medical care.
- using different treatment modality including psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, ECT and other physical treatments in comprehensive treatment plan for managing patient with the wide variety of mental disorder in different patient population considering differences in age, race, cultural background and possible comorbidity with medical disorder.
- Design research projects, make statistical evaluations and draw valid conclusions helping to improve the ongoing clinical services.
- Designing and implementing health projects into psychiatric services in hospital and community bases.