Welcome to the ECU Physical Therapy Alumni Society!
From the class of 1977 to the class of 2006, four decades of ECU alumni work together at the Carolinas Medical Center, a 1,000+ bed level one trauma center and teaching hospital in Charlotte. Pictured left to right, the Pirate physical therapists, in the back row, are Emily Murray, class of 2000; Leslie Glenn, '98; Cassandra McLeod, '87; Sherry Troutmam, '77; and, in front, Latasha Ruffin, '06
The PT Alumni Society organizes many activities during the year which include socials for the PT students and the ECU PT Alumni, providing scholarships to the ECU PT students, recognizing outstanding PT alumni and coordinating activites to strengthen the bonds between ECU physical therapy students and alumni.
The purpose of the ECU Physical Therapy Alumni Society is:
- To support the activities of ECU and the Physical Therapy school toward the realization of its educational programs in every manner possible.
- To establish and promote goals and projects of the society which tend to strengthen the ties between the members, the society, the community and the university.
The Society is governed by its constitution and the guidelines of the East Carolina University Alumni Association. Elected officers include a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer/Faculty Representative. Other committees such as the social committee are led by the social director. The officers appoint other committees as necessary to meet the objectives of the Society.
Outstanding PT Alumni Awards
The Outstanding PT Alumni Awards are based on the following criteria:
· Outstanding contributions to the profession of Physical Therapy
· Outstanding contributions to the general welfare of his/her community, state, nation
· Outstanding contribution, services, etc. to ECU
· Honors, awards, etc.