Doctoral student participates in Research and Creative Week
Dominiquie Clemmons-James, a doctoral student in the Department of Addictions and Rehabilitation Studies, is shown below with her poster "Making the Transition: Biofeedback with Military Personnel" as part of the 7th Annual Research & Creative Achievement Week held at Mendenhall Student Center.
Students participate in PARC conference
The Professional Association of Rehabilitation Counselors (PARC) held their yearly conference at Atlantic Beach, NC, March 2013. It was coordinated by Drs. Goodwin, Sias, Crozier, and Sheaffer. The first guest speaker was Dr. Russoniello from ECU's Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, Biofeedback Lab who spoke on the use of biofeedback to treat PTSD in military and veteran populations. The second guest speaker was Dr. Batten from the US Department of Veterans Affairs who spoke on the use of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for treating PTSD.
Addictions and Rehabilitation Studies master's and doctoral students made the following poster presentations:
- Pregnancy and Recovery in an Integrated Health Care Setting by Alicia Bell, PhD student.
- Mobile Biofeedback: An Alternative Method of Delivery by Audrey Worthington (ECU alum, 2012) & masters student and Dominiquie Clemmons-James, PhD student.
- A Randomized Controlled Study of the Effectiveness of Casual Video Game in Reducing Symptoms of Anxiety by Matthew Fish PhD student.
- Adjustment Disorder as a Stress-Related Disorder by Charlie Warstler, MS & Rehabilitation Counseling MS student.
- Counseling Military Stepfamilies by Marie Agius (ECU alum, 2010) & PhD student.
- Biofeedback and the Treatment of Addiction by Audrey Worthington (ECU alum, 2012) & masters student.
- Review of the Shipley-2 and Practical Application by Jonathan Barefoot, masters student.
- Test Review of O*NET Work Importance Locator, Paper & Pencil by Jamie Pedro (ECU alum, 2012) and Hunter Sharp, masters students.
Current and former Chi Sigma Iota, Rho Omega Honor Society members and faculty
with Dr. Batten (behind Dr. Crozier)
Audrey Worthington and Dominiquie Clemmons-James during the poster session
Dr. Sheaffer (adjunct faculty and PARC president) introducing Dr. Russoniello.
Current students in the Substance Abuse and Clinical Counseling masters program
Masters student and artist, Michael Regnier, who donated
artwork for the silent auction benefiting the Beginnings
Pregnancy and Recovery Clinic