PhD Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling and Administration
The Department of Addictions and Rehabilitation Studies of East Carolina University offers a Ph.D. degree program in Rehabilitation Counseling and Administration to provide the student with the opportunity to specialize in one of the following areas:
• Substance and Clinical Counseling
• Vocational Evaluation
• Rehabilitation Research
• Area of focus chosen by the candidate and approved by the program director
The faculty of the Department of Addictions and Rehabilitation Studies at ECU has the expertise and national reputation on each of the specialized areas in order to prepare doctoral students to become leaders in the higher education and applied service delivery fields. The Department of Addictions and Rehabilitation Studies has a culturally and disability diversified faculty as mentors and role models to provide a very positive and enriching learning experience for its students.
The emphasis on leadership development within ECU has distinguished our graduates as leaders for our state and nation.
The program is designed to meet two basic needs:
• Doctoral level faculty for rehabilitation counseling and substance abuse programs in North Carolina and nationwide.
• Doctoral level administrators and clinicians for rehabilitation counseling and substance abuse treatment programs in North Carolina and nationwide.
Financial support is available for doctoral students:
• Graduate Assistantship
• Teaching Assistantship
• Graduate Stipend
• Doctoral Student Stipends and Financial Assistance Package
The curriculum is designed to provide individualized program of study for each doctoral student.
For more information on admission, courses, and requirements, please refer to the Student Handbook and/or contact Stephen Leierer, Director of Doctoral Studies.