BSOM New Employee Orientation
The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University wishes to extend a warm welcome to all its new employees.
ECU Physicians Video
Brody School of Medicine Video
BSOM/ECUP/SoDM New Employee Orientation introduces the individual to the multi-faceted aspects of East Carolina University. New Employee Orientation is required for all new BSOM employees (faculty, staff, full-time, part-time or temporary) and is generally offered on a bi-weekly basis. Non-clinical employees attend for a single day and clinical employees attend for two days. This training includes essential policy information, HIPAA training, OSHA-required bloodborne pathogens training, information on parking and ECU OneCards and required health screenings.
Participants will benefit from the orientation program by:
- Learning about the Brody School of Medicine’s mission and vision.
- Receiving information on parking, ECU IDs & passwords, emergency procedures and other essential information that all ECU BSOM employees need to know.
- Meeting other members of the Brody School of Medicine community.
- Receiving information regarding state and federal regulatory requirements and OSHA safety training.
- Receiving ECU Healthcare Component HIPAA Training.
- Obtaining your ECU OneCard.
- Completing the required Health History and Immunization screenings and TB Testing and Mask Fitting.