FREE Nursing Continuing Education: Online Resources
Please note this page is meant to be a resource for you and we make every effort to keep it up-to-date. Please check the validity of all Continuing Education Courses to ensure that they meet your specific, individual needs of your learning plan.
If you have additional resources for FREE Nursing Continuing Education, please share them. Contact Elise Gay at email@example.com or 252.744.1925
Explanation of Continuing Education Credits
North Carolina Area Health Education Centers:
- All online courses --many free (registration fees clearly shown on right side of screen) -- free to set up a login/account
- Currently 45+ FREE courses on a broad variety of topics
- Eastern AHEC
- Many "Community-Based Programs" are FREE but held in-person, outside of Greenville - click on above link, choose "Nursing" under "Continuing Education" drop down menu, Hit "Go" and scroll down to "Community-Based Programs" to search for specific courses -- check back often, new courses being added frequently
- Area L AHEC
- Wake AHEC
- FREE Pre-Recorded Webinars (available until 6/30/2014)
North Carolina Board of Nursing
Continuing Education Resources Main Page
FREE Board Sponsored Bulletin Offerings (approximately 8 offerings worth approximately 0.75-2 CHs each). Click HERE for more information.
FREE Webcast Offering:Understanding the Scope of Practice and Role of the LPN - there is no fee for this webcast. Preparation and viewing time is approximately 1 hour.
FREE Online Booklet Offering (worth 0.75 CHs) : Instruction Booklet – Just Culture in Nursing Regulation (.75 CHs) - Read booklet and complete evaluation tools.
Sign up for a free account
- Complete free continuing medical education and professional development courses
- Earn FREE CME Credits with their app - free download for for multiple devices
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Click HERE to sign up for a FREE Account on CDC Train and search for many FREE courses! Classes that have a registration fee are denoted with "$" symbol.
UNC School of Nursing Continuing Education Programs
North Carolina Nurses Association
Must be a dues paying member
American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing
Cost of approx. $130 per year