Frequently Asked Questions
- What is changing within the ECU Alert System? There are few changes that the ECU Community will see from the enhanced Alert system. The university is moving to a new service provider and new application called Rave Mobile Safety. The only immediate difference is in the way that students and staff will register for cell phone / SMS text messages.
- What will I need to do to register to receive cell phone / SMS text messages if I am an ECU student or staff member? On April 24, 2013, all students, staff and faculty will receive an email from email@example.com providing the link to register a cell phone, and also to provide any alternate email(s) or cell phone number(s). You must follow the instructions in this email if you wish to receive ECU Alert messages on your cell phone, even if you received these messages previously.
- I received an email about registering my cell phone for ECU Alert, but lost it. What do I do? Login is www.getrave.com/login/ecu and your UserID/password is the same as your PirateID/password.
- I am a parent. Will I still receive ECU Alert messages on my cell phone? At this time, parents will continue to use the same registration form linked from this ECU Alert web site. In the future, it will be the student who provides the family member contact information. Details will be announced when available.
- What else will be changing? The pop-up messages take on a new look in the near future. There will not be any action necessary to transition to the new pop-up system for computers on the ECU network. The pop-up application will be available for download to personal computers as well. Details about this will be announce in early summer. All other aspects of the ECU Alert system will remain the same.