Sign Up Now for ECU ALERT Messages!
East Carolina University sends emergency text messages to cell phones of students, staff, and faculty who sign up for the ECU Alert text notification service.
To receive emergency text messages on a cell phone, you will need to provide a cell phone number through OneStop: http://onestop.ecu.edu
To sign up, go to Onestop then click "personalize” next to the "logout" link. Then select “mobile settings" on the left side of the page.
- Enter your cell phone number (number is pre-populated if already in Banner)
- Select your carrier (ie AT&T, Verizon, etc.)
- A PIN is immediately sent to the entered cell phone number via SMS text.
- Once you receive your PIN, return to OneStop and enter the PIN in the space provided.
- Once the correct PIN is entered a "welcome" message is sent to your phone, and you’re all set! Approximately 24 hours later you should receive an email from Rave@ecu.edu regarding the ECU TextAlert system, and providing you with details on logging into the system to update other information if you wish.
By providing a cell phone number students are consenting to ECU sharing this information with ECU service provider RAVE Mobile Safety for the sole purpose of providing ECU’s emergency notification text messaging system.
- No advertising is sent through the system.
- The service is free unless the cell phone service plan does not include free incoming text messages.
- Participation is optional.
- Note to Net10 customers: Because your service is not associated with an E-mail address, you will need to follow the instructions below for Self-Service Banner to be sent text messages. The OneStop registration will not work for Net10 customers.
If you have questions about the ECU Alert notification system, email ECUAlertInfo@ecu.edu.
Having Problems Registering your Cell Phone?
If you have difficulty using the OneStop registration, you can update your contact information using Banner Self-Service. Your “primary cell phone” number needs to be entered following the instructions below.
Instructions for Self-service Banner
- Go to OneStop: onestop.ecu.edu and log in using your Pirate ID and password.
- Select “Banner Self Service.”
- Select “Personal Information.”
- Select “Update Addresses and Phones.”
- In the “Local Student Address” section, or if no local address, go to the "Home Address - Permanent" section, and click on “Primary" located under the "Phones” column. The "Update Addresses and Phones - Update/Insert" page will appear.
- Scroll down toward the bottom of this page until you see a column labeled “Phone Type.” Using the drop down menu, select “Primary Cell Phone Number” from the list of options.
- On that same line, enter the area code and cell phone number (no hyphen) if you would like to receive campus emergency information via text message. (Your standard text messaging rates will apply.)
- If you do NOT want your cell phone number to be published in a directory, click the box in the “Unlisted” column. (A checkmark will appear.)
- Select “Submit” to accept the updates or changes.
Under normal circumstances, please allow several days for processing. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive text messages, follow these steps again, and delete your primary cell phone number.
Do you wish to change or unsubscribe your Cell Phone?
To change the listed number, there are 2 steps: (1) Log into banner and change your contact information, following steps above; and (2) log into TextAlert (http://www.getrave.com/login/ecu) and change your cell phone number there as well.
To unsubscribe from texts, there are 2 options: (1) You can reply to the last text message received with just the word STOP (no other words or punctuation) or (2) log into TextAlert (http://www.getrave.com/login/ecu) and delete your cell phone number there.