Information Technologies, BSBE
1. Foundations curriculum requirements including those listed below - 42 s.h.
(For information about courses that carry foundations curriculum credit see )
2. Professional studies - 27-28 s.h.
- EDTC 4001 - Technology in Education
- EDUC 3200 - Foundations of American Education
- EDUC 3002 - Introduction to Diversity
- PSYC 2777 - Ethnocultural Psychology
- SOCI 1010 - Race, Gender, Class
- EDUC 4400 - Foundations of School Learning, Motivation, and Assessment
- PSYC 4305 - Educational Psychology
- MIDG 2123 - Early Experiences for the Prospective Teacher
- MIDG 4324 - Internship in the Middle Grades
- MIDG 4325 - Internship Seminar: Issues in Middle Grades Education
- READ 3990 - Teaching Reading in the Content Areas in the Secondary School
- READ 5317 - Reading in the Junior and Senior High School
- SPED 4010 - Effective Instruction in Inclusive Classrooms
3. Specialty area - 17 s.h.
- MIDG 3005 - Curriculum I
- MIDG 3010 - Curriculum II
- MIDG 3011 - Instruction I
- MIDG 3022 - Middle Grades Instruction II
- MIDG 4001 - Organization, Management, and Motivation in the Middle Grades Classroom
- MIDG 4010 - Instructional Evaluation in Middle Grades
4. Academic concentration - 48 s.h.
Middle grades majors are required to complete two academic concentrations appropriate for licensure. A methods course is required for certification in each of the two academic concentrations leading to middle grades licensure. No substitutions for methods classes may be made without special middle grades program approval.