Check out the opportunities offered by East Carolina University to further your education below.
Graduate Certificate in Elementary Mathematics Education
Master of Arts in Education High School Mathematics
STEM Girls Day A SUCCESS!
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
On Friday, October 12, 2012, East Carolina welcomed over 100 8th grade girls from Pitt County Schools for their second annual STEM Girls Day. This event was hosted by ECU's Harriot College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education, and College of Technology and Computer Science and was sponsored by generous donations from Caterpillar and Grady White Boats.
If you wish to see photos from the STEM Girls Day click HERE.
Student Research Workshop!
It's not too soon to be thinking about your science research project!
- All middle school and high school student researchers who are interested in participating in science research competitions
- Teachers interested in learning about the opportunities available to help students who are conducting research projects
What, When, and Where:
There will be an informational meeting about conducting science research on Saturday, September 29th, at 10am (registration beginning at 9:30am) at East Carolina University, Howell Science Complex, Room B103. This meeting will be a workshop, with a brief informational portion and then time for students to receive help on their research projects.
Details will be provided on competing in the NC Student Academy of Science competition in the spring and on a new biodiversity scholarship competition through ECU's Center for Biodiversity and Dept of Biology for Pitt Co. high school students conducting research on local biodiversity.
There will be student sessions available:
- To help you choose a topic and get started if you haven't already started a project
- To get advice on your topic and experimental design from science researchers if you have started a project
- To register for a new scholarship competition & receive assistance for students conducting research on local biodiversity
There will also be a session for teachers on how to assist your students with research.
(Teachers, please invite other interested science faculty to join us.)
Parents are welcome to attend, if desired!