MAEd in Middle school mathematics
- Program consists of 36 semester hours, in the following categories:
- Educational Core (15 hours)
- EDUC 6001 Introduction to Differences in Human Learning in Schools
- MATE 6200 Mathematics Assessment for the Classroom Teacher
- MATE 6211 Research in Mathematics Education
- MATE 6206 Leadership in Mathematics Education
- MATE 6400 Capstone Project in Mathematics Education
- Mathematics for 9-12 Teachers (12 hours)
- Choose four of the following. Other courses might be acceptable; please consult with your advisor: MATH 5021, 5031, 5064, 5101, 5102, 5110, 5121, 5131, 5132, 5551, 5581, 5601, 5774, 5801, 6001, 6150, 6251, 6651
- Mathematics for K-12 Teachers (9 hours)
- Students will take 3 of the following courses to develop a broader view of K – 12 mathematics. Other courses might be acceptable; please consult with your advisor: MATE 6110, 6120, 6130, 6140, 6150, 6331, 6341, 6351, 6361, 6371, 6391
- Advising Guide
- Course Schedule of Rotation
- Sample Course Plan
- Capstone Project
You are almost finished with your MAEd in Mathematics Education! There are a number of important processes, however, that must take place in addition to successfully completing your course work. Within the first two weeks of the semester in which you intend to graduate, you should apply for graduation, using the form and instructions found below. Then there is a graduate summary that must be completed – work on that with your faculty advisor and finish that by or before mid-semester. Finally, you will want to apply to have your license updated. Complete this paperwork near the end of the semester in which you are graduating.
Apply for Graduation
- For instructions, go to Academic Policies and click on Graduation Process. To access the application, go to ECU Registrar, click on requested forms, and then on Graduate Graduation Application.
Complete the Graduate Summary
- Go to Academic Policies and click on Graduation Process and Graduation Summary Form.
Process the Licensure Request
- Go to Licensure, read the instructions, and download the appropriate forms.
- Alternately, we have the forms referenced below in the “Resources and Forms” section of the website. Be sure to note that forms could be out-of-date in the “Resources and Forms” section, although we try to stay current.
- Use this page for the most commonly required Resources and Forms
Do you have any further questions or need help locating something? Contact us:
Dr. Ron Preston firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Students Department of Mathematics, Science, and Instructional Technology Education
East Carolina University Mail Stop 566 Greenville, NC 27858 Phone:252-328-9355