All Mursion simulations are based on a scenario. The scenario defines the performance objectives, background content information and challenges that take place in a simulation. The scenario is how everyone knows what is going on or will be going on in the simulation. It is possible to create custom scenarios, but there are also scenarios that have already been developed that work well. Below are some scenario topics that have already been developed and are ready for use.
- Classroom Management
- English/Language Arts
- Family Engagement
- Principal/Parent Meeting
- Social Studies
Custom Scenario Design Process
If you or your team would like to have your own custom design scenario completed, below are the steps of the process:
- You must complete training provided by ECU's College of Education at least the semester before you plan to use Mursion.
- You'll need to request a meeting with a Mursion Scenario Designer and participate in a discovery call with him/her. This can be done through Christine Wilson or Holly Fales.
- After your initial phone meeting, you'll need to complete a draft Scenario using Mursion Template.
- Once the draft is complete, you will need to schedule and participate in a design session in the Mursion lab (Speight 225) for approximately 2 hours.
- The Mursion Scenario Designer will then create training materials to be used by Mursion.
- Scenario Finalized. This may require additional time in the Mursion lab to role play your scenario with the designer.
- You can now schedule your Mursion Session at least 3 weeks from this point.