Welcome to the Instructional Technology Center (ITC)
The ITC falls under the leadership of Dr. Ellen Dobson. It consists of professionals who can help support the integration of technology for teaching and learning.
The mission of the COE Instructional Technology Center is to provide support for faculty, staff and students in the integration of technology for teaching and learning. The ITC supports the development of technology-rich instruction by providing software, professional development, media production and consulting services to faculty and staff.
GOAL I: Provide timely, effective support for faculty, staff and students.
- Respond to user requests within 24 hours of receipt.
- Improve web presence to increase ease of use.
GOAL II: Promote the use of technology in distance instruction.
- Create a faculty multimedia lab for the purpose of creating media elements for instruction and research.
- Provide consulting services in instructional design and media development
- Research emerging technologies and suggest strategies for integration into instruction
GOAL III: Provide professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, and K-12 educators.
- Conduct workshops, seminars and individual training as needed.
- Create tutorials, FAQs and other online resources to provide just-in-time training.
- Collaborate with other college units to leverage professional develop opportunities.
- Attend conferences, workshops and other professional development events pertaining to educational technology.
ECU Technology Digest