Please join the East Carolina University Chapter of Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) as “self-nominated.”
- PDK-ECU Professional/Graduate dues are $90.00.
- PDK-ECU Undergraduate dues are $45.00.
See the attached membership applications for more information.
We meet monthly at the Brooke Valley Country Club in Greenville.
Dinner meetings begin at 6pm.
2008 - 2009 PDK-ECU Meeting/Program Schedule
- September 10, 2008
- October 8, 2008
- November 12, 2008 (Silent Auction)
- January 14, 2009
- February 11, 2009
- April 8, 2009 (New member, officer, and longevity ceremony)
The PDK Professional Membership is designed for individuals who are in the education profession, or are in or have successfully completed a student teaching or graduate program.
- Phi Delta Kappan journal, 10 times during the year - this is the most cited journal in education
- 24-hour access to our "online archives" that includes abstracts and full-text articles from the Kappan journal and other PDK publications click http://www.pdkintl.org/ and then click "research"
- PDK Connections, a newsletter detailing educational news and happenings at the national and regional level
- An extensive array of PDK publications - most available at member discounts
- Educational literature search service available to aid you in professional projects or simply for your own information
- Resources, support, and information for teachers on the PDK website at The Teacher Connection
- Opportunities to access many local educational resources
- Opportunities to develop a network with teachers, colleagues, principals and university faculty
- Opportunity to have a professional organization on your resume or curriculum vita
- Opportunities to apply for the local PDK-ECU graduate scholarship and the local PDK-ECU professional development educator scholarship(s)
- Opportunities to enroll in PDK professional development workshops
- Opportunities to apply for International scholarships and fellowships
- Opportunities to enjoy travel seminars offered to PDK members at professional discounts
- Group rates on professional liability, health, life, and auto insurance plans
- Opportunities to receive awards or recognitions through PDK International and our local chapter
- Leadership opportunities with our local chapter and at regional and national levels
Access Phi Delta Kappa International’s website (http://www.pdkintl.org/) to learn about additional benefits and to gain further information about those listed above.
For more information about PDK membership, please contact Susan Jarvis at JarvisS.firstname.lastname@example.org or Katie O’Connor at email@example.com