Please join the East Carolina University Chapter of Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) as “self-nominated.”
- PDK-ECU Professional/Graduate dues are $90.00.
- PDK-ECU Undergraduate dues are $45.00.
See the attached membership applications for more information.
We meet monthly at the Brooke Valley Country Club in Greenville.
Dinner meetings begin at 6pm.
2008 - 2009 PDK-ECU Meeting/Program Schedule
- September 10, 2008
- October 8, 2008
- November 12, 2008 (Silent Auction)
- January 14, 2009
- February 11, 2009
- April 8, 2009 (New member, officer, and longevity ceremony)
The PDK Professional Membership is designed for individuals who are in the education profession, or are in or have successfully completed a student teaching or graduate program.
- Phi Delta Kappan journal, 10 times during the year - this is the most cited journal in education
- 24-hour access to our "online archives" that includes abstracts and full-text articles from the Kappan journal and other PDK publications click http://www.pdkintl.org/ and then click "research"
- PDK Connections, a newsletter detailing educational news and happenings at the national and regional level
- An extensive array of PDK publications - most available at member discounts
- Educational literature search service available to aid you in professional projects or simply for your own information
- Resources, support, and information for teachers on the PDK website at The Teacher Connection
- Opportunities to access many local educational resources
- Opportunities to develop a network with teachers, colleagues, principals and university faculty
- Opportunity to have a professional organization on your resume or curriculum vita
- Opportunities to apply for the local PDK-ECU graduate scholarship and the local PDK-ECU professional development educator scholarship(s)
- Opportunities to enroll in PDK professional development workshops
- Opportunities to apply for International scholarships and fellowships
- Opportunities to enjoy travel seminars offered to PDK members at professional discounts
- Group rates on professional liability, health, life, and auto insurance plans
- Opportunities to receive awards or recognitions through PDK International and our local chapter
- Leadership opportunities with our local chapter and at regional and national levels
Access Phi Delta Kappa International’s website to learn about additional benefits and to gain further information about those listed above.
For more information about PDK membership
Please contact Susan Jarvis at JarvisS.email@example.com or Katie O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org