Our goal is to help faculty obtain sponsored funds that will support the conduct of high-quality research and the dissemination of promising results and practices to our many constituencies.
Our services include assistance in identifying funding sources, project and budget planning, analyzing requests for proposals, partner identification and facilitation, as well as internal and external proposal processing.
Research Management provides financial and administrative assistance to faculty and staff from the point of initial award of a sponsored project through the life of the project. It also provides financial and administrative guidance to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, university and sponsor regulations specific to each project awarded to the College.
The following functions are included as Research Management:
- New Award Meetings at the request of Faculty, Department Heads, and Administrative Support Staff
- Guidance of Federal, State, University, and Sponsor regulations and requirements.
- Pre-Audit and approval of expenditures
- Release Time and Summer Salary for Principal Investigators
- Project Budget development, analysis, and projections.
- Budget revisions
- No-Cost Extension requests
- Pre-Award account requests
- Subcontract agreement and modification requests
- Cost Sharing Commitments including documenting and reporting these commitments.
- Project Close Out