Post-award services facilitate and support Principal Investigator efforts on managing grants, complying with institutional and sponsor guidelines, and completing all grant program activities.
Award Set-Up Account Details
- Principal Investigator (PIs) for the grant
- Award sponsor and award amount
- Award category (research, instruction, public service, other)
- Award term (start and end dates)
- Effort Reporting and Cost Share
- F&A rate and distribution
- Budgetary controls (overall budget or line item limits, and prior approval requirements).
- Performance and financial reporting requirements and other deliverables.
Award Administration & Support
- Management and reconciliation of award budget.
- Distribution of monthly budget reports to PIs.
- Process and manage all personnel assignments (permanent and temporary) on grants.
- EHRA teaching
- EHRA non-teaching
- Graduate Assistants
- Process and manage all business transactions on grants.
- Purchasing (PORT, ProCard)
- Contractual Service Agreements
- Contractual Payments
- Direct Payments
- Invoice Payments
- Travel Pre-Approval and Reimbursements
- Process and manage cost share and effort reporting, in collaboration with the PI, on each grant.
- In collaboration with PI, prepare A-21 Requests for Cost Exception.
- Communicate with PIs regarding timelines for closeout and reporting.
- Confirm the project will end and no extensions are required.
- Identify questionable expenditures and costs that will fall outside the project period.
- Confirm all cost transfers and effort certifications are complete.
- Ensure requisite cost sharing has been completed by the end of the award and that supporting documentation is on file.
- Evaluate any/all adjustments to F&A.
- Move any/all unallowable costs to departmental suspense account in accordance with institutional procedures.
- Confirm that financial reporting is complete and all funds due and receivables are accounted.