Please contact the COE Office of Research for assistance in seeking funding or other research support. The personnel in this office will help faculty and staff to:
- Develop a Project Concept Form which the COE Office of Research will share with ECU Foundations to seek out funding opportunities. (form)
- Enroll in ProQuest pivot TM
- Identify potential funding sources
- Analyze the Request For Proposal regarding:
- Fit with your initiative
- Proposal requirements - programmatic, fiscal and submission format
- Identify partners or resources to support the proposed work and proposal development
- Timeline and work plan
- Budget development
- Writing support, editing, and refining
- Coordination with the Office of Sponsored Programs, proposal packaging, and submission into RAMSeS
- ECU Office of Research Development Resources
- RAMSeS Information- Research Administration Management System & eSubmission
- Routing Proposals
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Developing Grant Proposals
A Research Proposal should convince reviewers of five key points (NIH)
- You hypothesis is sound and important.
- Your specific aims are logical and feasible.
- You understand potential problems.
- You can analyze the data.
- You are the ideal candidate to perform this research.
A grant proposal must support the mission of the organization and be suited for the specific program to which you are applying. (NC Biotech.org ) See links below for federal grant information:
- Grants.gov Search Site
- Integrated System for Award Management (SAM)
- Grant Announcement Sign-Up
- US Department of Education
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
Note: Please contact COE Research Prior to developing a Foundation Proposal - all Foundation Submissions must be coordination through COE and ECU's Corporate and Foundation G.I.F.T. Center
- Proposal Writing Resources
Post-Grant Administration & Close Out
Post-Grant Administration and Close Out is a complex process that involves University, General Administration, State, and Federal regulations, processes, and procedures to insure compliance, timely expenditures, and a 'clear' closeout- determined by little or no unexpended grant funds, and no grant expenditures beyond the term of the grant that would require funds form the Department or College. The COE Office of Research, particularly the Grant Specialists supporting each project, provided guidance and support as well as compliance monitoring in grant administration and close-out.
- Research and Graduate Studies Services and Resources
- ECU Research and Graduate Studies Office of Grants and Contracts Administration
ECU Research Start-Up Grants for New Tenure-Track Faculty
- Research Start-up Funds: Strategic Role
- College of Education Research Start-up Application Guidelines
- Research Startup Projects Review Rubric