How to Request VideoConferencing Services from the
ECU College of Education
- The person wishing to conduct a videoconference should first establish preliminary contact with the remote sites (Identify and determine the interest of who you would like to videoconference with and where) No formal agreements or commitments of any kind can be made without department chair and College of Education approval.
- Complete and submit proposal to department chair/director for approval. The Department Chair/Director Approval form that can be found at http://www.coe2.ecu.edu/videoconf
University and Medical Center Institutional Review Board approval or waiver is required for all research including any gathering of data and/or images involving interactive videoconferencing/Tele-education Project. Dionna Manning will serve as the resource person for Institutional Review Board approval and/or applications.
- Once proposal is approved by the Department Chair/Director, it will be automatically forwarded to the Distance Education Coordinator.
- The Distance Education Coordinator will request that you complete and submit the videoconference scheduling request form (found at http://www.coe2.ecu.edu/teleconf/). From this information, the Distance Education Coordinator will contact the remote sites, schedule and confirm facilities.
- A confirmation email will be sent to all parties, including technical support staff, involved in the videoconference.
Requests involving videoconferencing with the Latham Clinical Schools Network will require a signed Amendment to the Latham Clinical Schools Network Agreement to allow videoconferencing. In working with the public schools, it is expected that agreements to participate in the Tele-Education Project will be with LEA's, not individual schools.
Requests involving credit generating, semester-long classes with the Wachovia Partnership East sites will follow the following steps:
1. Instructor submits a proposal to Department/Unit Chair for approval of project.
2. Once approved, Instructor consults the Hub Site Coordinator of date(s) and time(s) of the proposed session(s).
3. Hub Site Coordinator determines if space and tech support at the hub site is available.
4. If space and support are available the Hub Site Coordinator notifies the WPE on Campus Coordinator (if not available they notify the instructor).
5. The WPE on Campus Coordinator then sends the request to Distance Education Coordinator.
6. Distance Education Coordinator schedules space and support at ECU, based on scheduling submission form, and then sends out the confirmation email with the pertinent information for that session.
All other requests involving videoconferencing with the Wachovia Partnership East sites will be coordinated with the Wachovia Partnership East Coordinator by the Distance Education Coordinator.
Email Dionna Manning at email@example.com if assistance is needed.