Supporting the integration of technology for teaching and learning.
GOAL I: Provide timely, effective technical support for faculty, staff and students.
- Respond to user requests within 24 hours of receipt.
- Upgrade and maintain hardware and software as needed.
- Set up audio/visual equipment in Speight classrooms as per Classroom Equipment Setup Requests.
- Improve web presence to increase ease of use.
- Implement bar-code based inventory system
- Create a policies and procedures manual for ITC services.
GOAL II: Promote the use of technology in distance instruction.
- Create a faculty multimedia lab for the purpose of creating media elements for instruction and research.
- Provide consulting services in instructional design and media development
- Research emerging technologies and suggest strategies for integration into instruction
GOAL III: Provide professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, and K-12 educators.
- Conduct workshops, seminars and individual training as needed.
- Create tutorials, FAQs and other online resources to provide just-in-time training.
- Collaborate with other college units to leverage professional develop opportunities.
- Attend conferences, workshops and other professional development events pertaining to educational technology.
Instructional Technology Center
College of Education
East Carolina University