The mission of the COE Instructional Technology Center is to provide support for faculty, staff and students in the integration of technology for teaching and learning. The ITC supports the development of technology-rich instruction by providing hardware and software, staff development, media production and consulting services to faculty and staff. The Student Lab (Speight 241) is provided to help teacher candidates and practitioners attain the skills needed to integrate technology in their careers as educators.
GOAL I: Provide timely, effective technical support for faculty, staff and students.
- Respond to user requests within 24 hours of receipt.
- Upgrade and maintain hardware and software as needed.
- Set up audio/visual equipment in Speight classrooms as per Classroom Equipment Setup Requests.
- Improve web presence to increase ease of use.
- Implement bar-code based inventory system
- Create a policies and procedures manual for ITC services.
GOAL II: Promote the use of technology in distance instruction.
- Create a faculty multimedia lab for the purpose of creating media elements for instruction and research.
- Provide consulting services in instructional design and media development
- Research emerging technologies and suggest strategies for integration into instruction
GOAL III: Provide professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, and K-12 educators.
- Conduct workshops, seminars and individual training as needed.
- Create tutorials, FAQs and other online resources to provide just-in-time training.
- Collaborate with other college units to leverage professional develop opportunities.
- Attend conferences, workshops and other professional development events pertaining to educational technology.
Speight 241 Computer Lab
Monday- Thursday 7:30 am - 9:30 pm
Friday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Bate General Classroom Building - BCTE
- Bate 2012
- Bate 2013
- Bate 2023
You can reserve these labs by contacting Marguerite Bass Latham at (252)328-6983
- Speight 239
- Speight 242 - Teaching/Mobile Lab
You can reserve these labs by placing a Work Request
- Flanagan 337 - Math and Science Education Lab
You can reserve this lab by contacting Joy Carraway
For more information contact Dr. Laura King, Director or Beth Clem at 252-328-1138
Al Barnhill, Lead Technology Support Analyst
Ellen Dobson, Instructional Technology Specialist, TaskStream Account Manager
Chris Hurdle, Technology Support Analyst
Gregg Lowe, Server Systems Administrator
Jason Whited, Instructional Technology Consultant
Christine Wilson, Instructional Technology Consultant, COE Webmaster, Blackboard Support
Use the Classroom Equipment set up request form. Check the status of the lab you wish to use on the day/time you wish to use it.
On the day of the reservation:
- The lab assistant will deliver the locked cart to your classroom prior to the start of class.
- You will need to stop by SP 241 (student computer lab) to pick up the key.
- At the end of the class period, make sure that each laptop is returned to its designated shelf and power cord is reconnected.
- Lock the cabinet and return the key to the lab assistant.
- The lab assistant will remove the cart once the key has been received.