Free Tutoring at ECU
FREE tutoring is provided on campus by a variety of different departments. Specific hours and days tutoring services are provided may change from semester to semester. Students are encouraged to contact these departments for current information. ECU's Pirate Tutoring Center is very knowledgeable about tutoring resources on campus. Students may choose to begin with this office if they've never used tutoring resources before.
Pirate Tutoring Center
PTC is located in 2300 Old Cafeteria Building. Students should call (252) 737-3009 for an appointment/more information regarding the services listed below.
- Free walk-in tutoring available in 2300 Old Cafeteria Building on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm to 9pm during fall and spring semesters. Tutoring focuses on 1000 and 2000 level courses.
- Free day-time tutoring by appointment.
- Coordinated study groups available with PTC On The Hill serving Aycock, Jones, Scott and Belk Halls.
- Learning Specialists at the PTC can help identify your study skills strengths/weaknesses using the LASSI assessment. Study skills required in college differ from those successfully used in high school. Let the PTC staff help you transition successfully from high school to college academics!
- Study Skills Assistance is available.
- Contact information for free tutoring offered by other departments on campus.
The First Year Writing Studio helps students with English 1100 and 1200 course work. The First-Year Writing Studio is located in 2005 Bate Building and contact number is (252) 328-6399.
At the University Writing Center students receive assistance with writing assignments for any academic course. Located in 1st floor of Joyner Library, students can drop in any time to meet individually with a consultant. Check the UWC website for hours and satellite locations on campus.
The Math Department offers a Math Tutoring lab in 110 Austin Building. Tutoring is available for math courses: MATH 0001/0045, 1065, 1066, 1074, 1083, 1085, 2119, 2121, 2122, 2127, 2151, 2152, 2153, 2171, 2172, 2173, 2228 and 2283. For more information call the math department at (252) 328-6461.