Students register online using Banner Self Service through OneStop. Students have the opportunity to register for courses for the upcoming semester well in advance during pre-registration. Pre-registration for the spring semester occurs during the fall semester. Pre-registration for summer/fall semesters occurs during the spring semester. Students are assigned to registration windows during pre-registration based on their total earned hours. Students may begin registering for courses during their registration window if they have their 6 digit registration PIN code. Every pre-registration your PIN code will change, and students must meet with their advisor for a pre-registration advising appointment prior to pre-registration to obtain this code!
Pre-Registration Advising Appointment DOs and DON’Ts:
- DO call (252) 328-4645, send a meeting request or come in person to the Advising Center to schedule an appointment EARLY in the semester. Appointments for advising should be made for a half hour. If you need to do major exploration, please schedule your appointment for an hour EARLY in the semester.
- DO talk with Robbin Nelson and other front desk staff when calling.
- DO leave a message if you get the Advising Center’s voicemail. There are a lot of calls this time of year, so please be patient and know your call will be returned. Please make sure to clearly leave your phone number with area code!
- DO be aware of your advisor’s schedule. The Advising Center is open M-F from 8-5pm, unless otherwise communicated.
- DON’T email your advisor a request for your registration PIN code by email. All students must meet with their advisor in person to obtain this code. If you lose your code, call or stop by the Advising Center – sometimes this is more efficient and quicker than emailing your request.
If you struggle registering for courses know that there is a process in place to assist you. Also, note that many questions you will encounter while registering are answered on our website - see the pages below for assistance:
- COMMON BANNER ERRORS - this page will assist when you receive an error while attempting to register for a course. You will need to make sure to record the error received so that you may find out what it means and what to do about it.
- FOUNDATIONS CURRICULUM - this page will help you determine what courses you may take to fulfill your major's free choice FC requirements. The FC Worksheet will help you determine what prefixes tend to fall under each category while the FC Newspaper will provide a list of specific course options.
- FREQUENTLY USED ADVISING FORMS - this page includes information on the most commonly requested advising forms. LOOK HERE for info on grade replacements, taking courses at another institution (like a community college), re-evaluation of transfer courses, schedule reinstatement, and appeals.
- PLACEMENT TEST INFO - this page will provide info on the various placement tests applicable to our majors. Info on the math placement test, EXSS majors' fitness test, BITE 2000 computer challenge exam, foreign language placement test (not required for our majors but optional to those who wish to take foreign language courses), and PRAXIS I is provided.
- REGISTRATION FAQs - LOOK HERE FIRST if you have a question! If it is not answered there, then compose a professional email to your advisor. Be patient for his/her response.
- SUMMER SCHOOL INFO - if you are interested in summer school here or elsewhere, read through the info listed on this page.
- GRADUATE SCHOOL INFO - this page contains info on the Pre-Professional Advising Center on campus. This center helps students to better understand the pre-requisites required for admittance into certain graduate level health programs for physical therapy, medical school, occupational therapy, etc.
- HOW TO DECLARE - all students begin as intended majors and are working towards declaration. This page reviews this process.
- ECU MINOR INFO - this page will help you research and understand the requirements for minors at ECU.
- ECU CATALOG - this links you to the ONLINE undergraduate catalog. The catalog contains EVERYTHING you need to know about your major, rules and regulations, etc.
- GPA INFO - this will help you better understand how to calculate your GPA and help you to understand the expectations ECU and the College of HHP has for you in terms of your academic performance. IF YOU ARE BELOW A 2.0 OVERALL GPA, check out this page!
- STEPS TO FINDING A NEW MAJOR - this page includes a three step process for exploring new majors. Follow the directions listed carefully and commit to the process of exploration to ensure that you end up in the right new major for YOU.
- MAJOR INFORMATION - there are three pages, broken up by department, that include resources to help you better understand the requirements of your major: