Biomechanics Masters Degree Admissions Criteria
To be considered for admission into the Master of Science program in Biomechanics, a student must present the following:
1. A baccalaureate degree in a related field from an institution accredited by a regional association.
2. A grade point average of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale on all undergraduate work or a grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale in either the undergraduate major work or work taken during the senior year.
3. Applicant's scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogy Test (MAT) are required to be sent to the East Carolina Graduate School directly from the testing institution.
4. Students, whose first language is not English, must receive an acceptable score on the Test of English As A Foreign Language (TOEFL).
5. Students whose undergraduate preparation lacks essential prerequisite coursework or whose baccalaureate degree is in a non-related field may have additional requirements.
6. Admission in the Biomechanics Concentration is for the Fall semester.
Acceptance is subject to availability of slots in the Biomechanics concentration
Admissions Instructions for Potential Students
Please follow these steps in order to apply for acceptance and be fully considered for any KINE department assistantships.
1. The application deadline for admittance for the Fall Semester is February 15th. Please have all of your application materials completed by this date for the best chance to secure a graduate assistantship.
2. Each potential student will need to submit all of the following for consideration:
- Completed application form (Link to Application)
- Application fee ($75)
- Official transcripts for all colleges/universities attended
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE or MAT scores
For more information about the application process, please visit Graduate School Application Information
3. Graduate assistantships in the Department of Kinesiology are available on a competitive basis. Full-time graduate assistant stipends are $4,500 per semester. All applicants to the Biomechanics Concentration are encouraged to apply for an assistantship. Please download and complete the Application Form and send to:
Dr. Matt Mahar
Graduate Program Director
Department of Kinesiology
101 Minges Coliseum
East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858-4353
For additional information, please visit KINE Graduate Assistantships.