Bachelor's Degree/Entry Level
- Elementary School Teacher
- Junior High/Middle School Teacher
- Overseas School Programs
- Military School Programs
- Youth Servicing Agencies Coordinator
Further Education and/or Experience Often Required
- Community College Teacher
- Adapted Physical Education Specialist
- Administrator for Health Resort Sport Program
- Athletic Trainer
- Interscholastic Programs
- Intercollegiate Programs
- Commercial Sports Camps
- Commercial Sports Clubs
- Community Sports Programs
- Military Sports Programs
- Participate in internships and field experiences.
- Volunteer in related activities, such as Senior Games, Special Olympics, etc.
- Attend Career days and locally sponsored workshops and seminars.
- Develop skills such as computer literacy, communication skills (both written and oral) and expertise in some special interest areas.
- Develop teaching portfolio (including video tapes, evaluations, observations, reflections).
- All public/private schools
- Community colleges/technical schools
- Institutions of higher education (colleges/universities)
- Athletic administration departments
- Intramural/campus recreation programs
- Professional sports teams
- Sporting goods companies (Nike, Converse, Adidas)
Sample Job Descriptions
Public School Teacher: Responsible for teaching prescribed curriculum to a targeted population; plans, organizes, coordinates and conducts classes according to local and state guidelines.
Athletic Trainers in High Schools: Establishes professional, trusting relationships with physicians, coaches, athletes and parents in interscholastic sports programs; helps develop injury prevention methods, evaluates injuries and administers treatment and rehabilitation.
College/University Coach: Recruits student athletes, plans games and practices, works directly with admissions and financial aid offers, develops community support and carrying out on- and off-field coaching duties.
- Adapted Physical Education
- Motor Development
- Motor Learning
- Sports Management
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Officiating