Support RCLS

There are many ways to support the Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, and our alumni are a generous bunch! Give a little or give a lot – every amount (even $5.00) is helpful as we strive to remain top in the field. In fact, if you were to set aside $5.00 per week (one fast food combo meal or your favorite coffee) to donate to the department; you could set up a monthly giving plan at $20.00 per month and help us to achieve our mission of teaching students and serving eastern North Carolina.

You can…

  • Donate money to a particular RCLS activity such as student scholarships, student research support, graduate assistantships, or study abroad programs
  • Sponsor a graduate assistant who either works for you or the department ($4500.00 per semester for 20 hours per week)
  • Help purchase needed equipment to keep students on the cutting edge (e.g., assistive technology, special computer software, biofeedback technology)
  • Support the cost of providing services to returning Service Members who participate in the Wounded Warrior project (rate is $75.00 per hour of service)
  • Sponsor a special event such as a student award ceremony, alumni gathering, and/or a fundraiser to support students
  • Support the cost of one semester of textbooks (approximately $500) for a student-in-need
  • Support student travel costs to present papers and sessions at state and national conferences
  • Support student research efforts
  • Endow a department professorship to attract the brightest minds to ECU
  • Support department recruitment efforts ($1,000 per year)
  • Serve as an internship site for undergraduate or graduate students

To set up a giving plan or give today either complete the online giving form or call the Gift Records Office at 252-328-9571 and let them know you want to support RCLS.

If you choose to give online (which is fully secure), select College of Health and Human Performance, then Recreation and Leisure Studies; the selected fund number is 9000 for the general department. On the next line you can write in the name of the fund you want to support or leave it blank. If you leave it blank, your funds will go into the RCLS Fund for Excellence. You can also give directly to the Wounded Warrior fund, which is also in the Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies. Learn more about the RCLS Fund Accounts.