Students who major in Recreational Therapy or Recreation and Park Management at the undergraduate level and in Recreational Therapy Administration or Recreation and Park Administration at the graduate level may be eligible to apply for one or more scholarships offered through ECU each year. To determine if you are eligible, begin the online application process. Deadlines for application for most scholarships is February 9 of each year.

Majors in the Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies may also be eligible for scholarships from professional societies; typically you must be a member of that society or association to be eligible. In many instances membership is free for current students. Check out the following possibilities as examples:

  • North Carolina Recreation and Park Association Awards
  • North Carolina Recreational Therapy Association Awards
  • National Recreation and Park Association Awards
  • American Therapeutic Recreation Association Awards
  • Association for Experiential Education Awards
  • American Camp Association Awards
  • Academy of Leisure Sciences Award for graduate students