Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies

For those ready to take the next step in their professional career development, the RCLS Department offers a Master of Science degrees in Recreation and Park Administration (RPA).

If you are looking to move up the career ladder into administrative or management positions or are thinking about going into higher education or research-oriented positions, then a MS degree may be for you. Students seeking admission to the RCLS graduate programs might have an undergraduate degree in a recreation related field, or they might come in with degrees in areas such as business, marketing, child development, hospitality, resource management, psychology, education, health and human performance, and other people-oriented fields.

The RCLS Department offers several graduate assistant positions to support students' educational goals. Graduate Assistants commonly work as teaching assistants, research assistants, as leaders of special projects, or classroom instructors.

For more information about the MS degree and graduate assistantships, please contact:

Dr. Deb Jordan
1404 Carol G. Belk Building
Greenville, NC  27858-4353
(252) 328-5458

RCLS Graduate Studies Links


RCLS educates tomorrow's leaders in recreation, parks, tourism, and recreational therapy as well as provides scholarship and leadership to the region, state, and nation.


To be the model professional education and training program of the nation through scholarship, innovation, technical assistance, and outreach thereby helping learners to develop the necessary competencies, interpersonal skills, and critical thinking to lead the professions in the coming decades.


RCLS holds the following core values, which serve as the foundation for where we place our priorities in terms of teaching, scholarship, and service.