Two $125 Graduate/Undergraduate awards for professional development
* The student must be a recreational therapy major at East Carolina University.
* The student should exhibit qualities of service, leadership and professional commitment.
* Application due by October 1st & February 1st.
* Award notification by October 8th and February 8th, respectively.
* Funds can be used to pay for registration fees, hotel, travel and other related costs.
The donna J. Mooneyham Award was established at East Carolina University by donna J. Mooneyham of Oak Island, NC. Ms. Mooneyham earned a BS degree in Parks, Recreation and Conservation in 1984 and a Master in Education in Health Education in 1991. The purpose of this award is to assist students seeking to attend recreational therapy related conferences or seminars that contribute to the student's professional development. The award will be presented to two students twice annually for $125 per student. The award is $125.00 per semester payable directly to the student for expenses related to the conference or professional meeting. The Award Committee will screen all applications and make final selections. Recipients will be recognized at appropriate professional and ECU events (eg., NCPRA- ECU Alumni luncheon, ECU College of HHP Winners' Circle).
Applications are available at the RCLS office and http://www.ecu.edu/RCLS. To be considered for an award, applicants should submit a completed application by October 1st or February 1st to the Mooneyham Award Committee in the Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies.
Ms. Wendy Hughes - donna J. Mooneyham Award Committee
ECU Dept. of Recreation & Lesiure Studies
Belk Building, Room 1407
Greenville, NC 27858