What is Camtasia?
Camtasia is screen recording software that you can use to record your onscreen activity, audio, and web cam video and narrate existing PowerPoint presentations. Using Camtasia you can record, edit, produce and share course content. Editing features include callouts, transitions, zoom-in-pan, audio enhancements and more. Your final product will be a video file that students watch at their convenience and can include a table of contents to aid navigation.
Uses & Benefits
- Pre-record course lectures
- Provide supplemental course material
- Provide step by step tutorials
- Provide a tour of your online course environment
- Record webcam introductions to weekly course content
What does a Camtasia production look like?
How do I get started using Camtasia?
- Limited licenses available through ECU. Contact Ginny Sconiers for details.
- Visit the TechSmith website to download a free trial
- Contract price quote from Pam Duval (800.800.019 ext. 33437) or Mark Wichelns (800.800.019 ext. 33085) with Gov Connection/PC Connection 800.986.2313
- Request Winmedia server space at the Online Help Desk (to share your files)
- You will need a headset to record audio
- You will need a webcam to record video
- Download the latest flash player to view mp4 files