IMPORTANT Info for Residence Hall Students
ECU Students in the Residence Halls:
ECU launched a new security service for the Campus Living wired/wireless network that students living in the campus residence halls use. Connecting to Campus Living allows you to access the Internet AND internal university resources like direct access to personal Piratedrives (online file storage space), ECU network printers, etc.
This service requires both Windows and Apple (Mac) computers to meet specific requirements. Linux computers are exempt from these requirements at this time.
MORE INFORMATION: http://www.ecu.edu/itcs/connect/wireless.cfm
HOW CAN I BE READY FOR THE SPRING SEMESTER?
ITCS will begin using the security service to scan computers for the following conditions when connecting to the ECU network:
1. Does your computer have antivirus software installed, running, and up to date?
Students can use any one of the following antivirus programs:
• Trend Micro
• Symantec – ECU offers students Symantec for FREE, and since we support this antivirus software, we are better able to troubleshoot any technical issues with you.Download and install Symantec from http://download.ecu.edu. If you decide to use Symantec, be sure to UNINSTALL ANY OTHER ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE you have on your computer FIRST.
2. Does your computer have an updated and vendor/ECU-supported Windows or Apple (Mac) operating system?
• The oldest operating system versions acceptable for use on the ECU network are Windows XP and OS X 10.6.8.
• Computers with the Windows operating system must have CRITICAL updates installed.
• Computers with the Mac operating system must be up to date.
If your computer fails these conditions (meaning the answer is “No” to the questions above), you will be notified via an alert message with instructions that will help you resolve the issue.
3. Does your computer have the LATEST security service software — called Network Access Control (NAC) Agent — installed?
You may have an older NAC Agent installed on your computer. You can download and install the LATEST NAC Agent from http://download.ecu.edu.
NOTE: The NAC Agent is not available for iPads, Windows Tablets, Google Chrome Books or Smart Phones. These types of devices will be allowed access to the network without the NAC Agent.
Gaming systems and network devices (for ex., Netgear routers) will no longer work when connected to your hardwired ports.
CAN'T GET CONNECTED? WHERE TO GO FOR HELP...
If you have any questions about the Campus Living wired/wireless network security service, please contact the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 (local), 800.340.7081 (toll free), or http://help.ecu.edu.
ACE Student Computer Support Center
Rawl 108, Main Campus, 252.328.5407
Health Sciences Building 2506 (Laupus Library), Health Sciences campus, 252.744.5380
IT Walk-in Help Desk – Main Campus, Austin 103, 252.328.5401
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) are online at http://www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/connect/connect2ecuFAQ.cfm.