IP Address Management
DHCP, DNS and IPAM (DDI) Refresh
ITCS replaced the DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management (IPAM) infrastructure on Sunday, December 16, 2012. DDNS records for faculty.ecu.edu and staff.ecu.edu were imported into the new system.
This affects new devices connecting to the ECU network using an ethernet cable (not wireless devices, mobile devices or students' residence hall computers).
What does this mean for users?
- Existing registered DHCP clients may be required to re-authenticate or use the new portal
- For new devices or if you are experiencing issues connecting to network resources, open your web browser to register the device. The web browser will be redirected to the new registration page. During the registration process, the user will be requested to provide their PirateID/passphrase to authenticate for network access
- Once authenticated, users will be auto-provisioned with the following:
- MAC: DHCP-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.intra.ecu.edu (x = IP address | example: 22.214.171.124 = dhcp-150-216-110-89.intra.ecu.edu)
- Windows: device-name.intra.ecu.edu
- The option to self-register for faculty, staff, student or guest/visitor (.ecu.edu) domains will no longer be available
What does this mean for printers using a DHCP address?
- Please enter an IT Help Desk service request to Desktop Support who will assist with providing an IP address
What does this mean for equipment already using a STATIC IP address?
Effective Monday, December 17, 2012, devices with STATIC IPs will be required to have their DNS IP address changed to
- Primary 126.96.36.199
- Secondary 188.8.131.52
The deadline to change a static IP address is Friday, February 15, 2013
If you experience any problems or have questions about this new system, please call the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866/800.340.7081