Network Access for ECU Guests and Visitors
ECU provides temporary network access to visiting faculty, speakers, contractors, vendors and other guests who require Internet access while on campus, but who do not have a regular PirateID.
Guests are sponsored by ECU faculty or staff.
Request a Guest WIRED Passphrase
Request a visitor network passphrase:
- ECU faculty or staff navigates to https://provision.ecu.edu/requestpass.asp.
- Log in with a PirateID and passphrase. Click OK.
- The guest passphrase is emailed to the faculty/staff requestor.
The passphrase is case sensitive and must be typed exactly as shown (no spaces).
Create a Guest WIRELESS Account
Printable instructions (PDF)
- ECU faculty or staff navigate to https://sponsor.ecu.edu.
- Log in with a PirateID and passphrase. Click OK.(a) Click Create Guest Account.
(b) Enter the required information in the form.
(c) Click Submit.
- Guest information is emailed to the requestor and the guest. The email address entered on the request for the guest is the login.
Need more than one guest account? Contact the IT Help Desk at 328.9866 or http://help.ecu.edu.
- Click the My Settings option located in the upper right corner.
- Add your ECU email address.
- Change the time zone (default) to GMT -04:00 America/New_York.
- Click the Receive Email Confirmation check box.
- Click Save.
Log on as a Guest/Visitor
Wireless Access (laptop, iPad)
- Open a Web browser. The Connect2ECU Portal opens.
- Type Guest Account Username and passphrase (sent by email).
- Wireless guest accounts are available for seven days.
Wired Access (desktop)
- Connect computer to a network jack.
- Open a Web browser. The ECU Captive Portal opens.
- Log on with username: Visitor.
- Enter passphrase emailed to the ECU sponsor.
- Wired registrations expire daily at 12:00 a.m. (midnight).
Problems?Reboot the computer and clear browser cache.