Students living in residence halls connect to the Campus-Living network through either WiFi (wireless) or Ethernet cable (wired).
Check email, surf the Web and access secure resources like personal Piratedrive folders or campus printers using this network. PirateID/passphrase required.
1) Enable the device’s WiFi (Settings), 2) Choose Campus-Living, 3) Authenticate with your PirateID/passphrase, 4) Accept the certificate from the Policy Service Node (iPhone), and 5) Open a browser to check the connection.
Need Help? See one of these printable pdf documents:Connect Android | Connect iPad | Connect iPhone | Connect Mac
Before joining the Campus-Living network, systems must meet the following criteria:
- Supported antivirus program installed and up to date (Windows).
Symantec (free from the ECU Download Center) or McAffee, Sophos, Trend Micro, Kaspersky.
If installing a new antivirus program, be sure to uninstall any others first. It is recommended, but not required, that Macs install antivirus.
- Supported operating system installed and up to date.
Mac – OS X 10.6.8 or above
Windows – Windows XP and above with all critical updates installed
- The latest Cisco Network Access Control (NAC) Agent is installed (Windows).
Uninstall any older NAC software; the latest version is required and can be downloaded from the ECU Download Center. Macs are not required to install the NAC agent at this time.
- Linux systems are exempt from this process
- Wireless routers and gaming systems will not work on the Campus-Living network, wired or wireless.
*Connecting through an Ethernet cable? See these instructions.