Connect to Campus-Living - Wireless
Students living in residence halls connect to the Campus-Living network through either WiFi (wireless) or Ethernet cable (wired).
Check email, surf the Web and access secure resources like personal Piratedrive folders or campus printers using this network. PirateID/passphrase required.
Tablets and Smartphones
1) Enable the device’s WiFi (Settings), 2) Choose Campus-Living, 3) Authenticate with your PirateID/passphrase, 4) Accept the certificate from the Policy Service Node (iPhone), and 5) Open a browser to check the connection.
Before joining the Campus-Living network, systems must meet the following criteria:
- Supported antivirus program installed and up to date (Windows).
Symantec (free from the ECU Download Center) or McAffee, Sophos, Trend Micro, Kaspersky.
If installing a new antivirus program, be sure to uninstall any others first. It is recommended, but not required, that Macs install antivirus.
- Supported operating system installed and up to date.
Mac – OS X 10.6.8 or above
Windows – Windows XP and above with all critical updates installed
- The latest Cisco Network Access Control (NAC) Agent is installed (Windows).
Uninstall any older NAC software; the latest version is required and can be downloaded from the ECU Download Center. Macs are not required to install the NAC agent at this time.
- Linux systems are exempt from this process
- Wireless routers and gaming systems will not work on the Campus-Living network, wired or wireless.
*Connecting through an Ethernet cable? See these instructions.
Download Symantec Antivirus, Windows Critical Updates and Cisco NAC
Symantec Antivirus - free download available on campus or off campus
Other supported antivirus software: McAffe, Sophos, Trend Micro, Kaspersky
- Navigate to http://download.ecu.edu.
- Click the Self-Service Forms button in the gold menu bar.
- Click the Symantec Endpoint Request link to open the form. Complete all fields in the request and agree to the Symantec Terms and Conditions. Click OK to submit.
- The Important Information screen opens. Click the Return Home button.
- Click the Antivirus and Security graphic (top left box).
- Read the Terms and Conditions and then click the I Agree button to continue.
- Choose the Symantec Endpoint link.
- Click the correct version of Symantec Endpoint AntiVirus (32-bit/64-bit for Windows or Mac). You'll be prompted to save the file. How can I tell if my computer is 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Follow the prompts to install the program.
- After installation, Symantec automatically runs a Live Update.
Critical Updates (Windows) - available on campus or off campus
Acceptable Windows OS: XP, Vista, Win 7 and 8
- Click START >> Programs (or All Programs) and choose Windows Update.
- Follow any prompts to install.
- Reboot your system to finish the installation.
- Run Windows Updates once again to ensure that all available updates have been installed.
Cisco NAC Agent (Windows) - available on campus only
Latest version required! Previous versions should be uninstalled first
- While on campus, navigate to http://download.ecu.edu.
- Click the Antivirus and Security graphic (top left) and agree to the user Terms and Conditions.
- Click the Cisco NAC Agent to open the folder.
- Choose the appropriate version and save the file to your computer.
- After the download completes, double-click the Cisco NAC icon and follow the prompts to install the program.