Students living in residence halls connect to the Campus-Living network through either WiFi (wireless) or Ethernet cable (wired).
Check email, surf the Web and access secure resources like personal Piratedrive folders or campus printers using this network. PirateID/passphrase required. Windows systems also require the Cisco NAC agent software.
Make connecting a snap on move-in day by following these steps BEFORE plugging in.
- Update antivirus software (Windows/Mac).
ECU-supported antivirus software includes Symantec (ECU Download Center) or McAffee, Sophos, Trend Micro and Kaspersky. Before you update, uninstall any other antivirus programs first. It is recommended that Mac users install antivirus software, but it is not a requirement at this time.
- Update your operating system and install critical updates (Windows).
Check to see if your current operating system is supported. Windows users can download the latest OS for free at http://www.ecu.edu/microsoft4students/!
- Mac - OS X 10.6.8 and above
- Windows - XP and above
- Configure 802.1x authentication (Windows). Choose your operating system:
- Install the latest Cisco Network Access Control (NAC) Agent (Windows).
Uninstall any version of the NAC client from your computer and download the latest version from http://download.ecu.edu. Mac systems are not required to install the NAC agent at this time.
- Linux systems are exempt from this process.
- See the step-by-step instructions below or print the pdf instruction document.