Enterprise Vault Archive
Mac users with Outlook 2011 should manually install the Symantec Enterprise Vault for Outlook Add-in on their systems. This add-in can be downloaded from the ECU Download Center. To learn more about the Enterprise Vault Mac OS X client features, see the Symantec Enterprise Vault Add-in Guide.
Email vaulting is the process of archiving, or storing, messages and attachments from your Exchange mailbox to an online storage area called a "vault."
Faculty and staff Inbox and Sent Items and RSS Feeds are automatically archived to
- Follow ECU's e-Discovery Rules
- Provide more space in your inbox
- Allow for easier retrieval of information later
Please note that Enterprise Vault is different from the Outlook AutoArchive feature, which saves mail items to your computer; Enterprise Vault archives items to a network storage vault.
It is recommended that you turn off the Outlook Autoarchiving feature.
- Inbox and Sent Items and RSS Feeds are automatically archived to the Enterprise Vault after sixty (60) days.
- Toolbar icons in both Outlook and Piratemail allow users to open, search and restore items from the Enterprise Vault.
- Toolbar icons in Outlook/Piratemail also allow users to manually archive items.
- Any browser can navigate to http://vault.ecu.edu to access the Enterprise Vault.
- Mailbox items are available in the Enterprise Vault for seven (7) years.
- When working offline, stored mailbox items can be viewed using the Vault Cache on your computer.
Download and Install the Email Vaulting Software - Mac or Windows (login required)
Contact the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866/1.800.340.7081 or submit an online support request.