Students - Outlook Live Mobile Phone Access
How do I configure my iPhone/iPad to sync to my Outlook Live account?
Visit Microsoft for the iPhone/iPad instructions.
How do I configure my Android to sync to my Outlook Live account?
Incoming server settings:
*To find your current server name, log in to the Outlook Web App, go to Options and click See All Options. Click Settings for POP, IMAP and SMTP
Enter Username pirateID@students.ecu.edu Enter Domain Leave this blank
Enter Password ****** (use your passphrase) Enter Exchange Server pod51000.outlook.com* Enter Port 993 Check Boxes
- User secure connect SSL
- Accept all SSL certificates
Click Done Agree Activation terms
Outgoing server settings:
SMTP Server pod51000.outlook.com Port 587 Security Type TLS
How do I set up IMAP email on a BlackBerry?
- From the home screen, go to Setup.
- Click Setup Wizard.
- Click Email Setup.
- In the setup wizard, on the e-mail setup screen, select the "I want to create or add an e-mail address" option, then click Next.
- Click Next to open the email setup website on your smartphone.
- If you agree to the legal terms and conditions, click "I Accept."
- On the Email Setup screen, select your email service provider. If you don’t see your email service provider listed, select Other.
- Type the email address information and click Next, then click OK.
- To create a new email address for your smartphone, click Add and then click Create New Address. Type your desired BlackBerry email address and password.
- Choose a secret question from the list or create your own. Then enter the answer in the space provided. Click Next, followed by OK.
- To log out of the email setup website, click Close.
How do I set up my Exchange ActiveSync for Outlook Live in Windows Mobile?
Visit Microsoft for the Windows Mobile instructions.
Where can I find help?
What if my email stops sending/receiving after a software update?
This sometimes happens, even if the email settings have not changed. In most cases, the best way to fix this is to remove the account from your phone and set it back up from scratch as an Exchange account. This applies to both Android and iOS devices.