Students - Outlook Live FAQ
How do I get started using my Outlook Live email?
- Register your PirateID and set your passphrase through the Passphrase Maintenance system. Your PirateID is sent to you by letter.
- Visit mymail.ecu.edu and log in with your PirateID and passphrase.
- When accessing your Outlook Live mail account for the first time, follow these security steps:
- Enter the picture word you see displayed.
- Enter your passphrase to confirm it.
- Select and answer a secret question. NOTE: Remember your secret question and answer as you may need this information in the future.
- You may or may not enter an alternative email address, although it is a good idea to do so.
- Select your country/region, and if necessary, your state and zip code.
- Click Submit. You may be prompted to choose your language and time zone. Click OK.
I can't log in to Outlook Live; what should I do?
Please check the following:
- Reset your passphrase at http://pirateid.ecu.edu. Wait a few minutes then log back in to Outlook Live at http://mymail.ecu.edu/.
- Close your browser and then open a new browser session. Log back in to mymail.ecu.edu. If you have a Hotmail or other service linked to your Outlook Live account, your browser may still be logged in to that account. A new browser session should correct this issue.
How can I reset my Outlook Live passphrase?
Go to http://pirateid.ecu.edu to reset your passphrase.
What send/receive limits are applied to email messages? Does my Outlook Live account have a mailbox quota?
Visit Microsoft's Message, Mailbox, and Recipient Limits Web page for the limitations, quotas and more for your Windows Live mail account.
What is my Windows Live ID?
Your Windows Live ID is the same as your email address: PirateID@students.ecu.edu.
Where do I receive help?