Safe Computing Practices
Our responsibility, as ECU users, is to follow safe computing practices to reduce the potential for intrusion, alteration or loss of information on the campus network.
Think of the ECU network as a chain, and a chain is only as strong as its weakest link!
- Avoid Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Software
- Configure User Access and Permissions on a Shared Drive
- Connect Using Remote Access
- Create a Strong Passphrase
- Dodge Phishing Scams
- Email Responsibly
- Encrypt Data
- Practice Smartphone Security (pdf)
- Protect Data
- Recover Workstation Data (pdf)
- Secure Your Browser
- Protect Sensitive Data
- Update Your Operating System