Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) allows devices to synchronize the inbox, calendar and other items with your Exchange mailbox.
Using ActiveSync, faculty, staff and students are able send and receive ECU email, access contacts and update calendar appointments using their smartphone.
For more Windows Mobile tutorials, visit the Windows Mobile Basics page.
Configure over-the-air synchronization by following these steps:
- From the Home screen, press Start
- Scroll to ActiveSync
At this point, you may see several screen messages such as, "If your company supports syncing directly with its Exchange Server you can set up your device to sync with it."
Clicking this link will begin a series of steps to sync your email with the Exchange server. If you don't see this link, continue with the steps below.
- Select Menu >> Add Server Source
- Enter Piratemail.ecu.edu as the server address
- Select the check box for "this server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection."
- Select Next
- Enter your username, password and domain name (Intra)
- Select Next
- Select (or de-select) the types of information items you wish to synchronize
- Selecting Menu >> Advanced allows changing the rules for resolving synchronization conflicts
- To change synchronization details such as how far back to synchronize, select the type of information and click Settings
- Choose Finish