One semester after graduation, your ECU email automatically migrates to the alumni domain...
- Your email address changes from email@example.com to
- Use your more recent PirateID and passphrase to log in. Change it as you need to.
- Remember to reconfigure your mobile email to the new address!
- Register with both the
ECU PirateID Passphrase Maintenance System AND the Microsoft passphrase recovery system in the event you must recover your alumni passphrase.
- Email from your closed student account automatically migrates to your new alumni account.
- You cannot send email from your old student account.
- Any future messages sent to the old student account automatically forward to the new alumni inbox.
- Navigate to
mymail.ecu.edu to log in using your last student PirateID and passphrase.
- Your OneDrive storage is still available and includes Web apps and mobile access.
- The student ProPlus download license expires, and the full Office suite download on your computers will no longer work. You will need to buy a personal Office 365 subscription to download the full Office suite to your computer.
Being readmitted to ECU?
- Undergraduate: The PirateID is migrated from ECUAlumni to Students five days after acceptance as an undergraduate, medical or dental student.
- Graduate: The PirateID is migrated from ECUAlumni to Students the next business day.
Legacy Alumni Accounts
Alumni email accounts created before February 2014 have the same features as accounts created after 2014, but the address and login are different. The address is
Log in through mymail.ecu.edu. Passphrase updates are made through the ECU passphrase maintenance website.