Student and alumni ECU email is managed through Microsoft Office 365, while staff ECU email accounts continue to be serviced through ECU servers.
You are required to change your ECU passphrase every 90 days. Therefore, you need to change your mobile email passphrase also. It is also a good idea to set a password or PIN for your device and to enable encryption for devices that could be lost or stolen.
Phone App (ActiveSync)
Mobile devices have a "native email app" already installed. The links below connect to instructions.
If you require assistance, please call the IT Help Desk 252.328.9866, visit the Pirate Techs Student Support Center.
Faculty and staff Exchange settings are found on the email website.
Outlook is an email, calendar and contact management program included with your Office 365 subscription. The mobile version can be downloaded from your phone/tablet app store. Learn Outlook tips and tricks with these Lynda.com video classes: Outlook for iOS and Android First Look, Outlook for Mac 2016 Essential Training and Outlook 2016 Essential Training (Windows).
- Set a Password for the device
- Download and install one of your Office 365 Microsoft Office suite downloads to the computer (you have 5 downloads)
- Open Outlook
- First-time users are prompted to enter their email address and ECU passphrase
- Automatic account set up walks you through the rest of the process
Mobile Tablet/Phone (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile)
- Set a PIN for the device - encryption is a good idea also
- Download and open the Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar app
- Follow the prompts and enter your Exchange email address and ECU passphrase
See these instructions for setting up Outlook on a Kindle or Blackberry:
Outlook Web App help page