Part of the ProPlus agreement with Microsoft is that students are required to uninstall any previous versions of the Office suite they might have on their computer. The advantage with ProPlus is that as long as you are a student at ECU, you receive the latest version of Office for FREE.
Please note that you can still download the Microsoft Windows 7 or 8.1 operating system through the Kivuto Web store.
- Your PirateID is sent to you by letter after your acceptance at ECU. It is your last name + first initial + year of admittance.
Example: PeeDee Pirate's PirateID = piratep14 | email address = firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use your PirateID username to log in to Office 365 email, Blackboard, Pirate Port, Banner and more.
- Register your PirateID at the passphrase maintenance website and set up security questions and passphrase.
- Next, log in to http://mymail.ecu.edu using your PirateID and new passphrase to access your Office 365 account.
- Click the Settings icon (upper right corner) to find how-to resources and software downloads.
- You are required to change your passphrase every 90 days.
You don’t need to be connected to the Internet all the time to use Office desktop programs like Word and Excel.
You can also sync documents stored in Office 365 across PCs and mobile devices for online and offline access at any time. See Sync OneDrive for Business or SharePoint site libraries to your computer.
You only have five licenses. Therefore, you must first deactivate a license on one of your current computers. Go to Software > Office. Choose Deactivate next to the computer you want to deactivate.
Student OneDrive for Business folders are 1TB.
Please check the following:
- Reset your passphrase at http://pirateid.ecu.edu. Wait a few minutes then log back into your email at http://mymail.ecu.edu/.
- Close your browser and then open a new browser session. Log back in to mymail.ecu.edu. If you have a Hotmail or other mail service linked to your MyMail account, your browser may still be logged in to that account. A new browser session should correct this issue.
Go to http://pirateid.ecu.edu to reset your passphrase.
You have 50GB of mailbox space with your Office 365 account.
Contact the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866/1.800.340.7081 or visit the ACE Student Computer Support Center nearest you.
In most cases, the best way to fix this is to delete the account from your phone and set it back up from scratch as an Exchange account. This applies to both Android and iOS devices.
You are required to change your ECU passphrase every 90 days. You will also need to update this passphrase on your mobile device to be able to log in to your email.
You must use iOS 7.0 or later.
Your ECU Office 365 subscription expires when your ECU account is deactivated. You will be able to view documents you've already created, but you won't be able to edit documents or create new ones.