Students log in to their ECU email from the My Mail login page using their newly-registered PirateID and passphrase. From the menu, users access the following services.
This screen is your first stop for Office 365. Access your mail (default view), calendar, contacts, Yammer, OneDrive, options, software downloads and how-to help from this screen. For a quick overview of your new mailbox features, see this Microsoft article.
Your calendar keeps you organized and where you need to be, when you need to be there. To learn more, read this how-to tutorial at Microsoft.
Contacts make it easy to IM, schedule a meeting or find other ECU Pirates. Visit this Microsoft online article to learn more.
Connect with other Pirates on the ECU Yammer social network.
Your Office 365 OneDrive storage/collaborative space offers 1TB of space for class assignments, images and other files. You can also:
- access your files from any device using a browser
- share files with fellow students or a project team or send a link to an instructor
- create new documents and edit stored Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files using the Office Online feature
- sync your files with any Windows device
- Visit this Microsoft website to learn more about OneDrive
- keep the same OneDrive folder when your student email transitions to an alumni email account (see below)
Lync is a communications program for instant messaging, conferencing and desktop sharing. Lync is great for working with project groups–especially if members are scattered near and far. See the Office 365 software page for download information.
The Sites feature is disabled for students and only available to email administrators.
ECU alumni email is a web-based service provided by Microsoft Office 365. One semester after graduation, a student's ECU email address automatically migrates to the alumni domain. Here's how it works:
- The email address changes from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
For example: email@example.com changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students.ecu.edu messages automatically migrate to the new ecualumni.ecu.edu address
- Future messages sent to the graduate's student address are automatically forwarded to the alumni address
- Alumni log in using the PirateID and passphrase used with the old student address
- The student account is activated one semester after graduation; alumni are not be able to send email from the old student address after that time
- Alumni keep the same OneDrive 1TB cloud storage they had with the student email account - no need to move the documents stored there
- Documents in the OneDrive folder are read only; Web apps are not available
- The student Office 365 Pro Plus account expires, no MS Office subscription is included with the alumni email account
- This process is automatic EXCEPT that the mobile account must be reconfigured
- Graduates receive an email reminder to reconfigure mobile devices to the new @ecualumni.ecu.edu address