Who is eligible to participate in the program?
Enrolled students at East Carolina University.
Can participating students continue using the software after they graduate?
Yes. The OS is yours to keep even if you leave ECU.
I'm graduating this semester. Can I order the software after I graduate?
No. Only CURRENTLY-ENROLLED students are eligible to participate in this program. Also note: we are currently in negotiation with Microsoft and the Windows download feature may not be available after the current contract expires.
I'm having problems downloading/installing the software. How can I get help?
There are a few options available to you:
- Review the software download/install instructions on the ECU ITCS website.
- Contact the Pirate Techs Student Computing Support Center at 252.328.5407 or 252.744.5380
- Contact the ECU IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866
Is technical support included with the license?
Customers acquiring software under the program are not eligible for telephone support from Microsoft. Microsoft does provide descriptions of and access to several support options on its website, http://support.microsoft.com. Online support options include product FAQs and a searchable knowledge base.
Instead of downloading the software, can I request a DVD?
Yes. Choose Mail Order rather than Download when adding products to your cart. You will be charged a cost for the DVD media and shipping.
Be sure to order the correct product; there are no refunds!
What methods of payment are accepted for the DVD?
Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or PayPal.
Will sales tax be charged?
Sales tax will not be charged.
Will I receive an order confirmation?
A sales receipt is sent to you by email after you place your order.
When can I expect my order if I chose to have it shipped to me?
The delivery times depend on the shipping option you chose during purchase. If you do not receive your package within the expected time, you should contact Kivuto Solutions (the company that ships the product).
What is the delivery process?
During the order process, you provide a shipping address located within the Unites States.
Are there restrictions on shipping addresses?
Yes, shipping is available to US addresses only.
What is the order cancellation policy?
All orders made under this program are final.
Do these products provide the same functionality as those available through the academic retail market?
Yes, a product purchased through this program offers the same functionality as a product purchased through the academic retail market. There is no difference in product functionality.
What happens if my DVD media is defective, and I cannot install the software?
If you receive a defective product, contact Kivuto Solutions (the company that ships the product).
Is training for the software available?
There are a few different training options available to you:
- Log in to the ECU lynda.com portal to access training videos on using Windows and more
- ECU is a member institution of the Microsoft Imagine Academy. All faculty, staff and students are eligible for free online training on the latest Microsoft technologies through the Academy. View available training modules. ECU has access to both Essential and Advanced courses. To obtain access to the Academy, complete the online request form from ECU Download Center. Click the Software Request Forms link at the top of the page and follow the prompts. Upon approval, a user receives emailed instructions for accessing the course.
- Learn Office through Microsoft's online tutorials.