Terms and Conditions
Microsoft Products for East Carolina University Students
This agreement is valid for the Microsoft products downloaded through this site. These products shall be referred to collectively herein as the "Software." Software is made available to you because East Carolina University (herein referred to as "ECU") has purchased licenses for the Software through their Microsoft School Subscription Enrollment Student Option.
ECU is extending to you the right to use the Software on a personally-owned computer or an institution-owned computer designated for your exclusive use. You do not own the license or the CDs, rather you are authorized to use the Software and associated media pursuant to the terms and conditions of the license(s) granted to ECU for the licensed period of ECU’s School Subscription Enrollment.
You will be required to remove the Software from your personal machine immediately upon the earlier of (a) any event which causes you to be no longer affiliated with ECU or (b) expiration of the School Subscription Enrollment licensed period.
As part of the Microsoft School Subscription Enrollment Student Option – Perpetual License, graduating students are permitted to take one copy of the most current software with them when they graduate from ECU. Graduating ECU students must obtain the desired software from ECU prior to leaving campus. After leaving campus, you are no longer considered a current student and are no longer eligible. If a student leaves ECU but does not graduate, they are no longer entitled to use the Microsoft School Subscription Enrollment Student Option and are not eligible for the Microsoft Perpetual License. This is only available to students while they are an active student.
You must agree to each statement.
- I am affiliated with ECU by one or more of the following:
- Student enrolled at ECU
- Student graduating at the conclusion of the current semester
- I will read and abide by the license(s) associated with this Software.
- I understand that no technical support is provided by Microsoft and that support is available from ECU at http://help.ecu.edu or 252.328.9866, or through the Student Computer Support Center (Main Campus, Rawl Building, Room 108; Health Sciences Campus, Health Sciences Building, Room 3330).
- I understand the minimum specifications to run the Software.
- I understand that I will be required to remove the Software from my personal machine immediately upon the earlier of (a) any event which causes me to no longer to be affiliated with ECU or (b) expiration of the School Subscription Enrollment licensed period
- I understand that if ECU does not renew the Student Option under the School Subscription Enrollment, then I must delete or remove the Software licensed to ECU from my computer at the time the enrollment expires or is terminated.