Configure Voicemail Options
Set your PIN number, record a greeting, configure a rule for voice messages and more.
Manage Options Using Outlook or Piratemail
Log in to the Outlook Web App from Outlook or Piratemail to manage voicemail options.
- Click File, then Info.
- Choose the Manage Voice Mail button. The Outlook Web App interface opens.
- Log in to open the Mail >> Options >> Phone page.
- Make sure you're on the Voice Mail page.
- After you configure options, click the Save button (bottom right).
- After logging in, choose Options >> See all Options... (upper right corner of the screen).
- The Outlook Web App Mail >> Options interface opens.
- Choose Phone.
- After you configure options (see below), click the Save button (bottom right).
Outlook Web App Options
Call Answering Rules. Customize the way the system answers calls when you’re not available. For example, route callers to an alternate number during working hours or record a special greeting for a rule.
*Reset PIN (password). A PIN (password) is required to access voicemail messages from an office or mobile telephone. Click the link, Reset my voice mail PIN… and click OK on the pop-up. A temporary PIN (password) is emailed to you.
You are required to change the PIN (password) on first use.
Outlook Voice Access. Configure the order voice messages are read and choose the email message folder to read from Outlook Voice Access.
Voice Mail Preview. Turn text previews on or off.
Greetings. Choose to play a default greeting (you can record this or use the system greeting) or a special “away” greeting.
Click the Call me to play or record the selected greeting… link, and the system will call your phone to create a new greeting step by step.
Play on Phone. You should see your office number in the text box. This is the number that is called if you press the messages button on your telephone.
Notifications. Configure e-mail notifications for your account.
Manage Options by Telephone
- Dial the access number, 252.328.9870 or press the messages button on your campus telephone.
- Enter your PIN number
- The automated operator prompts you to say a feature, for example, "Personal Options" or "Calendar."
- The Personal Optionsfeature allows you to change your greeting/s, reset your passphrase and more.
- the first time you use the default PIN (password), you are prompted to change it. Make sure that you...
- DO use numbers only
- DO use six or more digits
- DO NOT use sequential numbers
- DO NOT use the extension number as the password